Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes Ahead in the CheckMates Community

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
4 7 2,288

Some significant changes are coming in the next several weeks!

When we launched this community site as Exchange Point a few years ago, it was built on the Jive platform. 

Jive has served us well, but for various reasons, we need to migrate to a different platform.

We have chosen to migrate to the Lithium platform, which is utilized by a number of other brands for their community sites!

In many ways, the Lithium platform should be a significant improvement over Jive.

The platform changes will enable us to provide additional functionality, features, and benefits to the community.

That said, it's a fairly substantial change and we are working to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible.

Here's what I can say right now:

• The new community site will maintain the same URL: https://community.checkpoint.com
  • All content in the current community will be migrated, but will have a different URL.
  • For those of you who keep track of "points" for your community activities, Lithium handles this differently than Jive. For the most part, everyone's current activities in Jive will translate over to Lithium and you will be ranked similarly. More on this in an upcoming post.
  • The look and feel of the site will be significantly different.

More details will be provided in the coming days.

7 Comments
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Change for the good. I'm looking forward to it! The community has become a great ressource!

Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

WoW! That's a great news despite the fact that personally I've started to like that "feel" ...

Never mind, what's best for ALL of us is best for each and everyone separately Smiley Happy I believe in your folks also in you Mr. Dameon  

Cheers and happy new ... "Post-Jive"

Jerry

Alex-
Advisor
Advisor

I hope that all bookmarks and followed topics can be carried over.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I will have to double check if that information is migrated.

In any case, this version of the community will likely remain available in a "read only" form to enable manual migration of some items that will require manual migration.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Unfortunately, staying on the existing platform didn't make sense long term.

While there will be some short-term pain associated with this change, it will definitely put us on a better platform and trajectory for the long term.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Dameon Welch-Abernathy‌, I hope this change will not happen during or around time of CPX.

Given how well the "Success" portal transition happen, perhaps a limited rollout for some of us to beta the site before going live?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We do plan to allow a handful of users to EA the new site prior to rollout.

BEYOND has significantly more "moving parts" than CheckMates, which definitely makes the migration simpler (relatively speaking).

I know better than to say it will be flawless, though Smiley Happy