Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K_R_V
Collaborator
Jump to solution

onPrem Management Server to Smart-1 Cloud : Failed to create object

Hello,

I'm migrating a Smartcenter server to Smart-1 cloud but I do not manage to create the gateway objects.

Steps I followed :

• Export the database from onprem server with the provided script from the Infinity Portal. : OK
  • Import the configuration into Smart-1 cloud : OK
  • Logged in to Smart-1 cloud, policy and cluster firewall are imported correctly
  • Add connected gateway, selected existing gateway : Error : Failed to create object

I'm I missing something, or will TAC needs to resolve this ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
K_R_V
Collaborator

solved :

error in cpm.elg ( seen by TAC as we don't have access to the logs )

01/08/23 08:21:36,528 ERROR services.internal.LegacyGatewayObjectCrudSvcImpl [pool-8-thread-1]: ValidationException in handleClusterAsync: Multiple objects have the same IP address x.x.x.x

sk180763 Cannot add an existing Security Gateway to Smart-1 Cloud

View solution in original post

8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know last time I did this (almost 2 years ago), I just followed below steps and worked fine.

Andy

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Check-Point-SmartCloud-Admin-...

section:

Connecting Security Gateways

Happy to do remote and help you if needed, let me know.

0 Kudos
K_R_V
Collaborator

Thanks, but for a migration, you need to follow the steps in Using the Settings -> Migrate

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/Infinity_Portal/WebAdminGuides/EN/Check-Point-SmartCloud-Admin-...

When adding a gateway with the + sign, you have to select your already existing gateway , and this failed.

Tried restarting the smart-1 cloud service, no luck . Opened TAC case now ...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, when I did migration few times before, we added gateways AFTER, as customer bought brand new firewalls, so we simply connected them manually after the fact and it worked.

Anyway, let us know what TAC says. By the way, are you able to attach some screenshots of all you see when it fails? Please blur out any sensitive details.

Andy

0 Kudos
K_R_V
Collaborator

indeed, I already did some implementations with new gateways, and this worked fine.

Screenshot is already attached to the first post 😉

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Let us know please how it gets solved. Im super curious, as I may need to do this some time in the future.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Kudos
K_R_V
Collaborator

solved :

error in cpm.elg ( seen by TAC as we don't have access to the logs )

01/08/23 08:21:36,528 ERROR services.internal.LegacyGatewayObjectCrudSvcImpl [pool-8-thread-1]: ValidationException in handleClusterAsync: Multiple objects have the same IP address x.x.x.x

sk180763 Cannot add an existing Security Gateway to Smart-1 Cloud

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good job! Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

To add to my last response, there should be a "string" you get on the screen when connecting the gateways you would need to enter on the ssh session. Do you see any of that? Last time I did this was on R81.10, but I doubt the process changed in R81.20

Either way, happy to check via remote session. Be free to message me directly.

Cheers mate.

Andy

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events