Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Richards
Contributor

Migration to Harmony Smart-1

Want to bring to Check Points attention as well as see if anyone else has experienced this issue. We are migrating a on-prem SMS to Harmony Smart-1 cloud following the migration procedures. The DB file was on 422MB but took over 45 minutes to upload which seems ridiculous. The clients ISP is NOT that slow. Secondly a message pops up saying "Migration of your on-premises environment to Smart-1 Cloud is in progress and will take a while to complete. When the migration is complete an email well be sent to xxxx@xxxx.com"  I realize that the import will depend on the DB size but there should be a way to determine how long it will take and not "take a while".  There is no feedback and this seems wrong. Hopefully Check Point resolves these issues.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Even for an on-premise migration, I don't think we provide estimates for how long the process will take. 
That said, we do provide at least some sort of status you can check on (at least when migrating from R80.20 and above).
Hopefully this is something we can improve. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had done this twice before, though for R80.40 version and it took about 30 mins and was successful. I heard its much faster in R81.10

Andy

0 Kudos
John_Richards
Contributor

Just an update and response (bullet points) from Check Point FYI. My issue was that the upload took way too long and there was no feedback during the migrate import to Smart-1, including that it failed. Hopefully improvements are coming.

• we know the user experience have a room for improvement and we have action items on our desk in regards to that.
  • This specific failure is the 1st time we see on our systems
  • The failure is related to IPS 
  • sk168614

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events