Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GianniPapetti
Contributor
Jump to solution

snapshot creation causes reboot

Hi CheckMates!

Strange things keep happening. We have a 6200Plus 80.40 take 156 cluster installation.

To be sure of new configurations, we create snapshots of configurations before any major changes.
Today, during the creation of the snapshot, the primary member of the Cluster rebooted. I tried again and apparently as soon as the snapshot completion status is 21% the machine reboots.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Gianni.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GianniPapetti
Contributor

Hi Mates,

in the end node 01 is definitely dead. We proceeded to do RMA and yesterday we rebuilt the configuration to rebuild the cluster. Thanks everyone for the support. 

Better times will come

Gianni.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
abihsot__
Advisor

is gateway under heavy load during snapshot creation? 

0 Kudos
GianniPapetti
Contributor

No, I would say completely normal operation. I am trying to read DMESG or messages but I don't find anything interesting

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If you cant see any process consuming high cpu/memory during this process, might be worth TAC case.

0 Kudos
GianniPapetti
Contributor

I tried to create the snapshot on the inactive node of the cluster and had no problems. At this point I reversed the roles and tried to create the snaphost again without success. Use of resources when creating the snapshot before auto-rebooting was like 16% for xfsdump process.

Sounds like faulty hw

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Logically, I agree with you 100%. I would still confirm with TAC though if I were you.

0 Kudos
GianniPapetti
Contributor

Just asked partern for openinf relative SR. Do not look foward for TAC support (hope not for RMA).

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Well, dont know what to say mate : - ). We are all in the same boat when it comes to opening TAC case, sometimes gotta be done.

0 Kudos
GianniPapetti
Contributor

Hi Mates 🙂

I was told to reinstall the gateway from scratch or first try to install the latest upgrade then reinstall in case the upgrade does not solve. Hughs needed 🙂

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Are you able to upgrade it to latest R81.10 jumbo 66? I recommend that version to all customers, seems very stable.

0 Kudos
GianniPapetti
Contributor

Hi Mates,

in the end node 01 is definitely dead. We proceeded to do RMA and yesterday we rebuilt the configuration to rebuild the cluster. Thanks everyone for the support. 

Better times will come

Gianni.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Sucks you had to do it, but at least its good it all works now.

Andy

0 Kudos
GianniPapetti
Contributor

It was not so simple to restore; i was able to restore backup only after installing all JHF and setting not to check versions of JHF bydbset backup:override_hfs t but, ok, it's quite working. See my post https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Remote-Access-VPN/Mobile-Access-Portal-Strangeness-after-restore...

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events