cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Kavan
Advisor
Jump to solution

lumeta, firemon scans

https://lumetadocs.firemon.com/download/attachments/5472372/SPEC-120618-1711-80%20System%20and%20Con...

Hi everyone,

My ISSO wants to start scanning with Lumeta, now owned by Firemon -- for IP discovery.   It does quite a bit more.  Anyway, one of the ports I need to open up for this is port 0.   The dashboard won't let me create a service with TCP port 0 so I'm not getting very far.

Is this a limitation?  Any other comments on Lumeta?  Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can try a service of type Other with the following in the Match field: tcp, dport=0
However I think we block this in the firewall kernel and there may a kernel parameter to allow this traffic.
Reconmend a TAC case.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Never tried that before in 15 years dealing with CP stuff, but I will try : - ). By the way, port 0 us reserved port, so it would make sense why it wont let you create it, though Im fairly certain that its also invalid port number, so you could not even connect to it, but could send packets to it. Let me play around in my lab and see what options there are. I will update you here.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

To update you quick, I tried so many things, but no luck, sorry. You can confirm with TAC about this, but Im 99.99% sure its not possible to create service with port 0.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You can try a service of type Other with the following in the Match field: tcp, dport=0
However I think we block this in the firewall kernel and there may a kernel parameter to allow this traffic.
Reconmend a TAC case.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Learned something new today, had no clue that was even possible!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)