cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tentaclesofdoom
Participant

is GRE Load Sharing possible like IPSEC load sharing

Hi all,

I think I already know the answer to this and it's a resounding no, but is anyone aware of any way to do load sharing over GRE links, in a similar way that IPSEC VPN load sharing can be done where you define VPN LoadSharing via the LinkSelection properties.

We have had a customer ask if this is possible after we've already come up with the initial design, I have mentioned that we would be doing policy based or application based routing anyway as part of the initial setup so we could split specific traffic down either tunnel but this is not the option they'd prefer.

Device is a 5600 running R81.10 latest HF

Many Thanks

Steve.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It’s worth noting that GRE tunnels (those that terminate on the gateway) are likely not SecureXL friendly.
GRE isn’t tied in with clustering at all, so you probably cannot use it for Load Sharing in this manner.

(1)
Tentaclesofdoom
Participant

Thank you, much appreciated for the speedy response, in this instance yes the GRE's terminate on the gateways (not my idea), everything I've read says what they want isn't possible, but I thought I'd at least reach out to the last bastions of knowledge on this just to check.

thanks once again for the response.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events