Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SriniKrish
Collaborator
Jump to solution

installation error on VM ware workstation

Hello,

I am seeing the attached error while installing CP on VMware workstation.

The error occurs at 99% progress of Software blades installation.

Version R80.40.

I believe this is due to the inodes which I've seen cause policy installation issues, but wondering how can I clear that during installation. The install aborts and prompts to reboot to start again.

there is enough space in the drive that its being installed.

Appreciate any directions here.

Thank you !

Srini

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Can guarantee you selected a disk for your VM that is smaller than 40GB.  With the standard partitioning 40GB disk along with 4GB RAM is the absolute minimum.  Anything less than 40GB and space runs out right where you are having the issue, found this out over the years running an Authorized Training Center with lots of VM instances for student lab workstations...please review the Open Server Hardware Requirements in the R80.40 release notes which calls for a 110GB disk.   We seem to get these type of threads every so often because people ignore the published requirements, skimp on VM resources, and then complain they are having a problem.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

Are you using ISOmorphic Tool?

Please look at:

sk122014 Errors during Gaia fresh-install using a bootable USB created with ISOmorphic Tool:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewservicerequestdetails=...

0 Kudos
SriniKrish
Collaborator

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

Nope I was installing it from the Hard drive. I wasn't using any USB. Is it a necessity to use USB ? can't the ISO be hosted in the drive itself ?

And the link doesn't in the reply doesn't show any thing apart from "Error encountered processing a template."

Thanks

Srini

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Can you share more details of the VM setup please?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Can guarantee you selected a disk for your VM that is smaller than 40GB.  With the standard partitioning 40GB disk along with 4GB RAM is the absolute minimum.  Anything less than 40GB and space runs out right where you are having the issue, found this out over the years running an Authorized Training Center with lots of VM instances for student lab workstations...please review the Open Server Hardware Requirements in the R80.40 release notes which calls for a 110GB disk.   We seem to get these type of threads every so often because people ignore the published requirements, skimp on VM resources, and then complain they are having a problem.

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
sharonab
Employee
Employee

99% you are right , there is also a small chance that he is working with thin provisioning and the esx is overutlized so balloning wiil fail , and he will not have enough space even if his disk is larger .

0 Kudos
SriniKrish
Collaborator

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response, much appreciated !

It was indeed a space issue but the suprising thing is during installation if I try to allocate more space to the root (which was 7GB around 15% default) it wouldn't let me change. Isntead it had almost 36% allocated to backup. which was weird.

More to the puzzle was the entire partition utilization was 50% but I was still getting this flag.

I did assign more space and it was all fine.

Thanks again !

best regards

Srini

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events