Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_M
Contributor
Jump to solution

fw ctl zdebug drop in VSX

Can 

fw ctl zdebug drop be ran from VS0 or does it have to be run in a certain policy such as vs1, vs2, etc. in VSX for it to work?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Pretty sure you'll need to specify the -vs flag for that to work properly, as each VS has separate fwk kernel processes.  I don't think running it in VS 0 without the -vs option will catch drops in the other VSs, although this SK would seem to suggest otherwise: sk167412: Using 'fw ctl zdebug' or FW Monitor on VSX Fails Because of Memory or Buffer Issues

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Pretty sure you'll need to specify the -vs flag for that to work properly, as each VS has separate fwk kernel processes.  I don't think running it in VS 0 without the -vs option will catch drops in the other VSs, although this SK would seem to suggest otherwise: sk167412: Using 'fw ctl zdebug' or FW Monitor on VSX Fails Because of Memory or Buffer Issues

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
C_M
Contributor

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

In versions backed by VRFs (R80.30 and earlier; kernel 2.6.18), it can be run from any VS, and it shows drops from all VSs at the same time. Each drop is prefixed to indicate which VS it comes from. For example, "[vs_27]" for a drop in context 27. I believe it can be run as 'fw -vs <vsid> ctl zdebug drop' to run in one VS, but I've never had to try that.

I haven't worked much with VSX backed by network namespaces (R80.40 and up; kernel 3.10) yet, so I don't know if it's different there.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events