cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Westlund
Collaborator
Collaborator

fast_accel reverts to old entries

I use the fw ctl fast_accel commands to bypass known data transfers from the blades as they spike the CPU. My issue is that the first time I made entries, I added /32 connections. When I realized I could only make 15 entries, I deleted them and added /24 entries. My problem is, about every 3-6 months, my CPU goes up, and when I check fast_accel, it has reverted back to my original /32 entries. When I open a ticket with TAC about this, they have no idea what to do.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @Daniel_Westlund 

If thats the case, there is obviously an issue they might not be aware of either. Did you ask them if case can be escalated further, so it can be checked what gives?

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Daniel_Westlund
Collaborator
Collaborator

Yes. They are checking with R&D.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Personally, I never had this issue myself, though I only tested on R81.20. What version is this?

Andy

0 Kudos
Daniel_Westlund
Collaborator
Collaborator

At least since R81. Maybe R80.30 sp. But it has survived into R81.10 and R81.20. To see the issue, you'd have to have deleted entries in the past. But it's weird so I wouldn't be surprised if it's rare.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Yeah, I gotcha. Just curious, was there ever any custom fix installed?

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I meant custom fix on top of jumbo?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Westlund
Collaborator
Collaborator

Not with this customer. Also, this is Maestor, but when I check the other SGs, they have the same entries as the SMO.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Not sure if that matters, but I will assume probably not. Anywho, keep us posted on what comes out of all this. Im super curious to know.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It looks like the configuration is stored in some files that can be monitored (and even restored): https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk156672 
Curious if the timestamp on these files changes when this problem reoccurs as it might provide a clue.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Westlund
Collaborator
Collaborator

Thank you. When you mention the files that could be monitored in that SK, I wonder if you mean $FWDIR/conf/fw_fast_accel_export_configuration? The entries there are the same as my current entries, so maybe if I delete that file and recreate from scratch it won't come back? Also, when I check the log file, it shows where I made the entries that are missing in the current state, so that's interesting. I suppose I could delete the export file, run delete_all, and then create new entries from scratch. I also don't think I entered "g_" when I entered my commands, although I do see the same show_table on the other SGs. But that would be worth a try as well.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

For Maestro, you definitely have to do g_fw fast_accel.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Good file to know...was never aware of it before.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events