Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mistercinux
Contributor
Jump to solution

cpconfig: can not get CPDIR from the registry

Hello all,

Our management didn't see our distant gateways anymore (One is 3600 appliance with R80.30, but it still continue working fine. We tried to reset the sic, but the following errors occured :

On the 3600 Appliance:

> cpconfig
cpconfig: can not get CPDIR from the registry

> cpview
CPView: Failed parsing the conf file

The following SK talks about registry issue : https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... ,

but as you can see bellow, there is no ".corrupt" file on our filesystem.

[Expert@gw-01:0]# cd /opt/CPshrd-R80.30/registry/
[Expert@gw-01:0]# ls -l
total 380
-rw-rw---- 1 admin root 128092 Jul 13 09:10 HKLM_registry.data
-rw-rw---- 1 admin root 125325 Jun 18 14:17 HKLM_registry.data.BeforeLastMinorVersionFix
-rw-rw---- 1 admin root 128092 Jul 13 09:10 HKLM_registry.data.old

We planned to re-image the appliances, but I'd like to know what is the origin of this behavior, and if there is a way to repair the appliance. Is the filesystem corrupted ? Does someone already had this issue ?

Thank you for reading.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kevin_Zeitler
Contributor

We were supplied a hotfix for R80.20 after five firewalls had this same exact problem.  No idea if it works because it was random but might want to ask for custom hotfix

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
funkylicious
Advisor

Have you tried the cli sic reset from expert ?

cp_conf sic init <key> norestart
cpwd_admin stop -name CPD -path "$CPDIR/bin/cpd_admin" -command "cpd_admin stop"
cpwd_admin start -name CPD -path "$CPDIR/bin/cpd" -command "cpd"

0 Kudos
mistercinux
Contributor

Hi funkylicious,

Thanks for your help. This didn' work too, I opened a TAC for this case. I'll let you know when I'll get an answer.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
KonstantinosT
Participant

Hello,

I'd like to comment that I also face the same issue with a customer who has CP3100 - Kernel2.6 R80.30 Take200. Probably this was caused due to a power cut last weekend. Since CP services in FW1 node are down. I also went through sk105510, but it didn't resolve the problem. TAC sent us an RMA form to complete, but I'd like to look it further and see if I can find a possible solution. $CPDIR/registry is full of corrupt files.

0 Kudos
Kevin_Zeitler
Contributor

We were supplied a hotfix for R80.20 after five firewalls had this same exact problem.  No idea if it works because it was random but might want to ask for custom hotfix

0 Kudos
mistercinux
Contributor

Hello, and thanks for your replies!

ps: @KonstantinosT : We do not had any .corrupt file in $CPDIR/registry

0 Kudos
mistercinux
Contributor

Hello all, 

Since we had no connectivity while this issue occured, we replaced the hardware in order to make communications work again, 

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events