cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor

Would like to create warm standalone server for our DR site

Good afternoon.

I am currently running R81.20 JHF take 26 on a standalone open server at our disaster recovery (DR) site.

• I would like to re-purpose a spare server that I have at my production site, copy the config from my current standalone server in DR and save it to this "new" server.  (Since the new server has a slightly faster CPU, I would use this as the new "active" server)
  • Use the "new" server as my active server and decommission my current standalone but keep as a "warm" spare.

What is the best way to do this?

• migrate_server export/import
  • The backup tool in the GAIA portal?  (I'm confused as to which tool would be appropriate here.)

Thanks to anyone who may be able to assist.

Best regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I would say backup/restore. Though, technically, I remember doing migrate server once from one standalone to another and it did actually work.

But, in my opinion, I would go with restore, because as long as versions are the same and interfaces match, dont see reason why it would not work. On a side note, restore does NOT install he jumbo hotfix, something to keep in mind, but Im sure thats not a "deal breaker" : - )

Kind regards,

Andy

Joe_Kanaszka
Advisor

I'll give it a shot - thank you!

The great thing about working on non-production servers is that you don't immediately break out into a cold sweat if something goes wrong!  😉

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know the feeling LOL

Cheers,

Andy

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events