Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamilazat
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why does the service tunnel_test_mapped disable Accept Templates?

Hi all!

While playing with rules and services to understand more about templating, I noticed that when the tunnel_test_mapped service is included in a rule, Accept Templates get disabled.

I could only find sk44075 talking about this service, and apparently it needs to be used when "Accept control connections" is disabled in Global Properties. 

Does anyone know what this service exactly is (the vague explanation and protocol no.17 (UDP) does not help) and what it does?

And what is the difference between enabling "Accept control connections" in Global Properties and creating a rule with tunnel_test_mapped service?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alex-
Leader Leader
Leader

It's explained in sk32578 which describes SecureXL, in the section describing the conditions which prevent an acceleration template from being created.

Rules with "complex" services - services that have anything specified in the "Match" field, or "Enable reply from any port" , or "Source port" of their "Advanced" section.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Very good question! I googled it, but best you can find is whats in service properties, nbot much on support site either.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Alex-
Leader Leader
Leader

It's explained in sk32578 which describes SecureXL, in the section describing the conditions which prevent an acceleration template from being created.

Rules with "complex" services - services that have anything specified in the "Match" field, or "Enable reply from any port" , or "Source port" of their "Advanced" section.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

That is true. It would be nice to know though what exactly that service does.

Andy

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It appears to be related to checking VPN Security Associations according to a TAC note I saw.

Any service with a handler in it will disable Accept Templates as per SecureXL limitations.
This doesn't happen when enabled in Global Properties as it's not

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events