cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KostasGR
Advisor

VSX R80.30 (VSLS cluster) with 4 members question

Hello community

On my lab I have a cluster VSX R80.30 (VSLS cluster) with 4 members.

Also i have configured a Virtual System that is Active on VSX A , Standby on VSX B and Backup on VSX C and Backup on VSX D.

What is the recommended way to stop the VS from being even backup on VSXC and on VSXD and instead being on DOWN state.

From skes i have read that the recommended way to failover is through vsx_util vsls but the above is something different.

The other way i have thought is to login on Virtual System on VSXC and on VSXD and execute clusterXL_admin down.

After that when i want the VS to be in BACKUP state again execute clusterXL_admin up on VS on VSXC and VSXD.

Do you see any impact on the above steps?

BR,

Kostas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

At a fundamental level, the impact would be that some VSs can only handle traffic on some members, but that seems like what you're trying to do.

What exactly is your goal? I would consider a cluster with an active/standby/down/down VS to be broken.

0 Kudos
KostasGR
Advisor

Hello @Bob_Zimmerman

Consider a scenario that VSX sync interface between Site A (VSXA VSXB) and Site B (VSXC and VSXD) is lost on layer 2.

So i want the active /standby VS on site A not been impacted at all.

BR,
Kostas 

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

At that point, why have VSXC and VSXD in the same cluster? Just make two clusters and run the same policies on both.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

I agree.

Not really used this but weights could be explored, but in all cases I would not purposely leave a VS in a down state on a VSX appliance.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events