cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihenock1011
Contributor

Url filtering detects

Hi All,

I have an R81.10 security gateway in VSX mode, and URL/Application filtering is enabled. The URL is explicitly allowed in the app/URL filtering rule base. However, the URL filtering indicates the detection of one of the URLs and reports an untrusted certificate, even though it is a valid certificate. This issue is blocking users from accessing the site. What should I check in order to resolve this?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey @Ihenock1011 ,

Are you able to send a screenshot? I have real good https inspection lab going in R81.20, so can also do a quick test if needed. Please blur out any sensitive info mate.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
Ihenock1011
Contributor

@the_rock 

sure, Attached is the screenshot for the specific log.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I know customer had an issue like this 2 years ago, I will check my notes later and see what was the solution.

Andy

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

Is it a public website? Is it a valid certificate publically or for your domain? 

0 Kudos
Ihenock1011
Contributor

@emmap  Yes, its SWIFT's cloud service.

https://tracker.browse.swiftnet.sipn.swift.com

0 Kudos
emmap
Employee
Employee

When I load that link I get an invalid CA error in Chrome, and viewing the cert it doesn't look like it was issued by any publicly trusted CA. It looks like this is a valid determination by the gateway. To get around this you'll have to do an IP based bypass, which might be a challenge depending on where/how the service is hosted.Annotation 2024-01-16 173237.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I see what @emmap is saying, its definitely NOT issues by valid trusted CA authority.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

This is what customer told me back in 2023 when they had this issue, but again, not sure if this might be the case with you...

Andy

We found the problem. I’m not sure how this happened but looks like we were missing the SAN (Subject Alternative Name in the certificate).

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events