Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jorgend
Participant

UTM-1 U-15 Boot problem

Hello everyone, I have a UTM-1 U-15 what I bought secondhand so I did not have the Admin password, therefore did I reset the firewall to factory default, but after reset it won't continue pass "Initializing" sequence. Any one have an idea about what can be wrong and hopefully help me getting it starting up ?

JD
0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's a UTM-1 570, which is a pretty old appliance that has not been supported since 2017.
The absolute latest version of code that works on it is R77.30, which has also been End of Support for 2 years.
You might be able to reimage it, but you'd have to have a support agreement in place to download the software for it.
It could also be a hardware failure, given the vintage of the system.

What is your precise goal for this box?

Jorgend
Participant

Hi "PhoneBoy" thanks a lot for your answer, I just bought the box secondhand from another small private user, and my goal was to set it up in my network to protect my private server with PLEX running but seems it can end up with be more expensive then what is worth it for a private network so I must hope either I find some one that have the needed files to try reimage it what I can get or else look for a different firewall 

JD
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thats a tough one...I mean, if it keeps saying "initializing", definitely sounds like it could be something with hardware, but hard to tell 100%. I dont know if there is a way to maybe open the box and try re-seat the HDD, as you got it privately from someone, so you cant really void the warranty, as there is none anyway. 

0 Kudos
Jorgend
Participant

Hi yes you are right about that there wont be any ways for me to do warranty wise, I can hear the box "bip" in startup and then try to reading on HDD from there nothing more happens

JD
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

That is honestly what I would personally try. If it fails, not sure what else to suggest, sorry.

Andy

0 Kudos
Jorgend
Participant

Ok thanks for the replay, I must see if I can find someone who have access to download the needed files to try re-setup HDD (or new HDD) and hope it works else I must see if I can find another firewall cheap somewhere 

JD

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events