Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sabi_Halevi
Participant
Jump to solution

Top connections CPU use

Hi all,

1.There is any way to know CPU  & bandwidth usage of top connections besides cpview tool (CLI)?

2.Where I can view/change  Stateful inspection timers settings via CLI?

3.There is anyway (via CLI) to know if these debugs are running? :
fw debug fwd on TDERROR_ALL_ALL=5
rad_admin rad debug on all

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

1. The instrumentation for this was all developed for cpview. Not aware of another tool that uses it.

2. Not sure precisely which timers you’re looking for, but I believe some of them would impact tables on the gateway. You’d see them in the headers of the various tables they impact (e.g. connections). Otherwise, they’re all global properties settings on management. It would help to know precisely what you’re trying to achieve here (ie why is dumping all the timers “interesting”).

3. Only way I know is to look at the relevant log files to see if they are increasing. There is no global “hey, I’m in debug mode” indicator beyond that.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Sabi_Halevi
Participant

Also, there is any way to print cpview (cpview -p) on R80.20+ versions?
for some reason cpview -p works only on R77.30-R80.20

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

1. The instrumentation for this was all developed for cpview. Not aware of another tool that uses it.

2. Not sure precisely which timers you’re looking for, but I believe some of them would impact tables on the gateway. You’d see them in the headers of the various tables they impact (e.g. connections). Otherwise, they’re all global properties settings on management. It would help to know precisely what you’re trying to achieve here (ie why is dumping all the timers “interesting”).

3. Only way I know is to look at the relevant log files to see if they are increasing. There is no global “hey, I’m in debug mode” indicator beyond that.

Sabi_Halevi
Participant

Thanks for the info!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Agree with @PhoneBoy response. I am personally not aware of whole lots of those settings in cli. As far as debugs, I believe its very similar on other vendors too...its not easy to see exactly which debugs are turned on. For example, on Cisco asa, you can do show debug option, but it wont show you all flags turned on and its same on Fortigate as well.

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

There is a relatively new tool called top_conns that can show top connections by CPU usage outside of cpview: sk172229: Top Connections Tool

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Didn't realize we had that, great find!

Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Interesting what things you can uncover when you've read just about every SK in existence related to security gateways while performing research for classes/books.  😀

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You are 100% right!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events