Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HristoGrigorov

Top-Connections

I upgraded our production firewall to R80.40 T77, applied sk167903 but can't get Network -> Top-Connections to work in CPview. Am I the only one experiencing this kind of problem ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Hi @HristoGrigorov 

Is is no longer supported in R80.40.The 3.10 kernel do no longer supports firewall priority queues. These are required for showing the top connections in cpview.

More read here: R80.x - Performance Tuning Tip - Elephant Flows (Heavy Connections)

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
Martin_Valenta
Advisor

yes, same here, also not working. This is fun stuff really.

I don't understand why this SK is requiring also changes with on fly command and putting it to simkern.conf file, like it could not be there by default aftering installing patch higher >  take 69

HristoGrigorov

Thanx for sharing this info Martin. I have wondered the same and my assumption is that it may cause performance issues on really busy fw.

0 Kudos
Martin_Valenta
Advisor

it works now for me..how much connections did you have on that production fw? there must be some threshold for how many connections it needs to have to show it as top connections..

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

I hope someone from CheckPoint will clarify this but I believe it is not about the number of concurrent connections but rather pps and Mbps above some threshold.

But I remember this has worked in T69 on our lab server and was kind of surprised to see it not working in T77 on prod fw. 

@Martin_Valenta KMFW or USFW there ?

0 Kudos
HristoGrigorov

LOL, I found why it was not working. What I was doing was copy&paste from that SK. When I typed the command manually it started to work right away. There must be some hidden character or possible browser issue (Chome on Windows).

Martin_Valenta
Advisor

KMFW, it's azure vm with 4 cores.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events