Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Tip for web UI access issue

Hey guys,

Figured would share something that could potentially help others if you were to ever encounter this problem. Worked with customer on upgrading their 3 member cluster from R80.40 jumbo 161 to R81.10 jumbo 94, but I totally forgot the fact he told me they had one member where web UI would log them in, but then as soon as they went to any tab, it would log them out and even clish / ssh commands would be very sporadic.

They dont know for sure when this happened, but at some point in R80.40, out of the blue and it would affect all users, not just admins. TAC told them to do cpstop/cpstart, reboot, soft shutdown, confd restart, nothing helped. Even trying all sort of browsers (even incognito mode) did not make any difference.

We ended up doing hard powercycle and that solved the issue, so we were confident upgrading afterwards.

Anyway, thought would share this, so if anyone ever faces this problem, thats easiest way to solve it.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Well I specifically have faced this issue and keen to know if platform-portal is listening on port 443? In my case I changed to some random port and installed the policy. Like 9443 and it started working fine. 

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

They told me TAC tried many different ports and none worked. It was on custom port, 8443.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Hmm - Then definitely it seem to be a bug I believe.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Not necessarily, more a "mystery" lol. Its 3 member A-P cluster, only one fw had this issue. Anyway, all good now!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events