Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

Threat Extraction results benign and file is empty.

We have a problem with downloading files (pdf, xls and csv) that have been evaluated for threats by TE cloud, results are benign and the files saved are empty - zero bytes.  Trying to get my case worked on by TAC but they say no one is available.  What has consumed all support?

5 Replies
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

I should add, the file download link is complex (nested domains), probably causing the problem. I have tried several domain exceptions, none will work.
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Have you escalated the TAC ticket?
Can you provide sample URLs where this is occurring, assuming they are external?
Dan_Roddy
Collaborator

I have been told this is a known issue with E80.89 and that there is an internal sk about the issue.  I am asking for access to that internal sk but no one will give it to me.  Why is that?  

I finally got the complex nested domain exception boiled down to something that works.  We were getting TE benign results with empty files of type: pdf, xls, xlsx and csv - I mean zero bytes.

Also, the url's are not accessible unless  you are logged in.  I told the case owner this and they continually tried to access the secured resource at State Street Bank.

Thanks,

Dan

Sal_Previtera
Contributor

If it a know issues, than this is NOT being fixed because I am running in the same issues with Endpoint Version 83.11.2702 , 14 months after the original post.

What is the solution .....if any ?

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you have an SR on this with TAC, please PM me.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events