Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamza
Participant
Jump to solution

Switching from Server Side NAT to Client Side NAT

Hi All,

I discovered recently that the case "Translate destination on client side" was unchecked :

image.png

And its giving me a lot of pain as some incoming NAT are not working 

I want to change this option to NAT on client side by checking this option (which is the default option if i'm not mistaking)

But i don't know if the manuel NAT in place will be impacted or not by this operation ?

Is there something that i have to verify before  activating Client Side NAT  ? routing ? Proxy Arp ? 

Thank You 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Basically, what this option does is ensures NAT happens before the routing decision takes place.
Without this option, you’d have to have a static route in some cases for NAT to work correctly…if it didn’t work.
It should not break anything to enable this feature. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

It will not cause any problems, I did this many times before. As a matter of fact, there were times this was done in the middle of the day and it did not even cause any connections to drop at all.

0 Kudos
Hamza
Participant

I did not had any issues when i checked the option 

Now the NAT is hapenning before the routing which is logic and easy to troubleshoot, my issue is now solved 🙂

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Basically, what this option does is ensures NAT happens before the routing decision takes place.
Without this option, you’d have to have a static route in some cases for NAT to work correctly…if it didn’t work.
It should not break anything to enable this feature. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events