Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigHec
Contributor
Jump to solution

Static-route did not shown in the routing table

Screenshot 2023-06-15 191220.png

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 18.51.01.jpg

Did try to add the static-route but even after saving the configuration, the static-route is still not shown in the routing table.

Does anyone have an explanation on why the route is not shown in the routing table?

Thanks alot

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BigHec
Contributor

Because just now we are doing the User Migration work, so during that time I was trying to change the gateway address for some of the existing static-route and also add a few new static-route. Originally the IP Address of eth3 is 10.1.0.1 and need to be change to 192.168.109.1/24 while 192.168.109.2 is actually connected to the core switch. So basically all the user need to go through the core switch as the gateway before heading out to external or other segment.

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 19.18.39.jpg

Just found another explanation of why is the static-route is not shown in the routing table right after I added the static-route.

When I use the command "show configuration static-route" to check all the configuration I have done for the static-route, it actually shows what the routing table is not showing. Routing table is only show the live routing table and to conclude that is because during the User Migration work the status of the interface is not yet working or not connected to any device yet during that time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Which interface is 192.168.109.2 reachable via and what is its status?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
BigHec
Contributor

Because just now we are doing the User Migration work, so during that time I was trying to change the gateway address for some of the existing static-route and also add a few new static-route. Originally the IP Address of eth3 is 10.1.0.1 and need to be change to 192.168.109.1/24 while 192.168.109.2 is actually connected to the core switch. So basically all the user need to go through the core switch as the gateway before heading out to external or other segment.

Just found another explanation of why is the static-route is not shown in the routing table right after I added the static-route.

When I use the command "show configuration static-route" to check all the configuration I have done for the static-route, it actually shows what the routing table is not showing. Routing table is only show the live routing table and to conclude that is because during the User Migration work the status of the interface is not yet working or not connected to any device yet during that time.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Version/JHF of gateway?
Does your gateway have an IP address on the same network as that nexthop?

0 Kudos
BigHec
Contributor

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The explanation @Timothy_Hall provides is correct: the live routing table will only show routes it can fully resolve.
show configuration static-route will show all the configured static routes, whether or not they are active due to the configuration,.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events