cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sabeelshakeel
Participant

Smart Console Showing Expired Licenses

Hi,

I have updated my licenses and contracts for each gateway in smart console and all licenses were showing valid. Roughly a year later, the licenses are showing as "expired" in smart console, even though the Gateway itself is showing another year left on the license.

Can anybody assist me in fixing this ? I'm assuming the issue is minor as the appliances are showing correctly licensed - its just the smart console that thinks they've expired. 

Best Regards,

Sabeel

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Screenshots from SmartConsole and 'cplic print' outputs will be necessary to offer meaningful advice.

Please redact any sensitive detail.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Sabeel,

As Chris indicated, output of cplic print and screenshots from smart update would help. I actually had a call with customer yesterday about similar issue and lady from License team had them download contract file from their UC and then upload in smart update and she also asked them to delete any current eval licenses. I honestly never had anyone do that before (remove eval licenses) and personally, I believe she was mistaken in thinking thats actually required, but either way, we got everything working afterwards.

Andy

0 Kudos
sabeelshakeel
Participant

Hi,

I have attached the screenshot. I noticed that pushing the database updated the licenses, but i can see the attached error in smartconsole.

The Gateways are not connected via proxy, only the SMS is.

Best Regards,

Sabeel.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, this may be slightly different, if IPS and av/ab cannot be updated. I would try manually, but if that fails, you may wish to do curl_cli -k command on updates.checkpoint.com and cws.checkpoint.com

this is expected:

[Expert@quantum-firewall:0]# curl_cli -k updates.checkpoint.com
Page not found![Expert@quantum-firewall:0]# curl_cli -k cws.checkpoint.com
<html><body><h1>It works!</h1></body></html>[Expert@quantum-firewall:0]#

Also, check out below post and verify:

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/how-to-check-the-latest-update-from-url-filter...

I also posted there for IPS blade.

Andy

0 Kudos
Jett5529
Participant

@sabeelshakeel My HR KP wrote:

Hi,

I have updated my licenses and contracts for each gateway in smart console and all licenses were showing valid. Roughly a year later, the licenses are showing as "expired" in smart console, even though the Gateway itself is showing another year left on the license.

Can anybody assist me in fixing this ? I'm assuming the issue is minor as the appliances are showing correctly licensed - its just the smart console that thinks they've expired. 

Best Regards,

Sabeel

Here are a few suggestions on how to troubleshoot expired licenses showing in SmartConsole when the gateways themselves still show valid licenses:

• Double check that the clock/timezone settings are correct on the SmartConsole server and any management servers. Time mismatches can cause weird license synchronization issues.
  • Try manually syncing the licenses from each gateway. In SmartConsole, right click on each gateway and choose 'Load Licenses from Gateway'. This will force a refresh of the license info.
  • Look in the logs/events on the SmartConsole server and gateways around the time the licenses switched to expired. See if there are any clues about connectivity or sync issues.
  • Try fully removing the gateway from SmartConsole and re-adding it. This will delete the old license data and reload fresh when you add it back.
  • As a last resort, you can try fully resetting the licenses on the gateway via CLI and re-activate it with the existing activation code. But this is risky if the gateway license really did expire.
  • If all else fails, you may need to speak with Check Point support. They can investigate further and reset licenses if needed. But if the gateway license truly expired, you'll need to purchase a renewal.
the_rock
Legend
Legend

All valid points...TAC should be able to fix this faster via remote session.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events