cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jyrbn
Participant

Security Gateway not showing any logs

Hi,

Our network currently has a 6400 appliance as a SG and a Smart-1 appliance as the SMS, when going to Logs & Monitoring, we only see logs with an origin coming from the SMS from either CloudGuard IaaS or System Monitor blades. (See image for reference.)

image (1).png

We tried changing the Logs settings of the GW to save logs locally on the gateway AND send logs to the SMS after this, but the results are still the same. 

image.png

Any ideas what might be causing this issue? 

Here are some details of our GW:

Version: R81 Jumbo Hotfix Take 87
Gaia Kernel Version: 3.10
Model : 6400

Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
G_W_Albrecht
Legend
Legend

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Note regarding upcoming milestone, R81 is End of Support in October 2024

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Apart from what Guenther gave, also check below.

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk38848

Personally, I would try this old school trick to try make it work, never let me down. Create new CP host (actual host that lets you enable blades, NOT regular host), ONLY enable logging and save it, no need to push policy yet, then go to logging tab of the fw, add that host there, push policy, test.

If it works, delete new host from log tab of the fw, make sure its set to send to regular mgmt, push policy. New cp host can stay there, as it would be pretty much useless at that point, since it would not be used for anything and you could not even install database to it either.

Let us know if that works.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey, did you end up fixing this?

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos
jyrbn
Participant

Hi Andy,

Didn't get a chance to try the suggestions above yet, will update once we get the chance.

Thanks!

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Well, hope it works, never let me down in 17 years 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events