cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Forsaken_61
Explorer

Security Gateway - log Certificate defaultCert will expire in less than 30 days

Hi!

I've got some alerts on my Management Server about certficates that are about to expire. This Is visible under the "blade:VPN" when I search and query for logs. It's also visible in the UI under "Gateways & Servers".

Which Is interesting. Because I don't have the blade "VPN" active on either of my Security Gateways. I've only Threat Emulation & Anti-Virus enabled.

I have an alternative certificate set for Threat Prevention API functionality. But I mean this couldn't related to the VPN certificate warnings?
How to set an alternative certificate for Threat Prevention API functionality (checkpoint.com)

Would be more sense If It said "Threat Prevention API Certificate" Is about to expire, which It soon does. Currently updating them manuelly and keeps and eye. This should in best case generate a log.
When I updated them manually the other day no internal log showed up. Like "certficate" succesfully updated. Neither of that.

Have any other the same issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Just to understand the situation: you're not using VPN, but you got a message claiming to be related to VPN because the Threat Prevention API certificate was about to expire?

Forsaken_61
Explorer

Exactly! That's correct.

But when I click on "Device & License information" on my Security Gateway object It says that It will expire in october 18th. That doesn't match when I installed the Threat Prevention API certificate. Differs weeks from that. 

Therefore I'm confused and think this Is strange.I dont even have IPSec VPN enabled. It's unchecked.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Sounds like a bug that should be reported through TAC: https://help.checkpoint.com

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you send what you see below?

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Forsaken_61
Explorer

On my Security Gateway objects the "IPSec VPN"Is unchecked. I dont have that enabled.

Under "General Properties" --> "Network Security" --> I only have Firewall enabled.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events