cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kehagen
Contributor
Jump to solution

Secure internal communication on R77 gateway

I'm looking for documentation on how to configure secure internal communication on 4400 gateway appliance with R77.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

First off, R77 has been unsupported probably before Covid 19 came along lol

Second, there is no documentation on it, all you do is run cpconfig, choose option sic, reset it (any minimum 4 character password) and once done, it will run cpstop; cpstart and then you enter that same code on gateway properties on the gateway object in the smart console and verify its communicating.

Andy

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk65764

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
5 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

First off, R77 has been unsupported probably before Covid 19 came along lol

Second, there is no documentation on it, all you do is run cpconfig, choose option sic, reset it (any minimum 4 character password) and once done, it will run cpstop; cpstart and then you enter that same code on gateway properties on the gateway object in the smart console and verify its communicating.

Andy

https://support.checkpoint.com/results/sk/sk65764

0 Kudos
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I assume it worked out? And btw, PLEASE upgrade, because if you called TAC and said "Im using R77", Im sure reaction would be...lets just say NOT serious lol

Andy

0 Kudos
kehagen
Contributor

Yes.  We are trying to upgrade as soon as possible.  I don't even get to open a ticket or talk to anyone, so I'm learning as much as possible through this forum. Thank you very much.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You definitely came to the right place. There are people here all over the world who been around CP probably since the very beginning, so we always find some sort of solution.

Andy

(1)

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events