Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sagar_Manandhar
Advisor
Jump to solution

Sandblast appliance installation

Hi,

I am trying to install Check_Point_R77.30_3000_5000_15000_23000_Sandblast_Appliances.iso clean install for the testing purpose. For this i am using the VM so what the requirement of the VM. Is there any limitations? Currently i am using the checkpoint 4400 series firewall at edge and need to integrate sandblast to the firewall.

Another question is that whether it is possible to send the traffic to the checkpoint sandblast appliance using different vendor firewall like cisco, fortinet etc. 

Thank you 

Sagar Manandhar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Are you trying to install a Threat Emulation appliance? That cannot be installed in a VM, only on specific Check Point hardware as it requires specific Intel hardware.

If you're trying to install a regular gateway that can send files to a threat emulation appliance of ThreatCloud, you can install this in a VM.

However, the actual emulation must take place either in ThreatCloud or on a specific Check Point appliance (which cannot be installed in a VM).

For third parties sending traffic to Check Point for Threat Emulation, it can be done over ICAP, but it requires a patch.

Refer to the following SK: Check Point support for Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP) server 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nicolas_Daems
Explorer

Hi,

VM is not supported for Threat Emulation. You need Intel technology to use the sandboxing

As I know it's only supported by Check Point appliances. I don't see any option to forward other type of traffic

Best regards

Uri_Lewitus
Employee
Employee

Hi

The list of supported HW is in the file download landing page:

This image can be used for R77.30 Gaia Clean Install using Legacy CLI on the following models:

• 3100, 3200 Appliances
  • 5100 / 5400 / 5600 / 5800 / 5900 Appliances
  • 15400 / 15600 Appliances
  • 23500 / 23800 Appliances
  • TE100X / TE250X / TE1000X / TE2000X Sandblast Threat Emulation Appliances

HTH

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Are you trying to install a Threat Emulation appliance? That cannot be installed in a VM, only on specific Check Point hardware as it requires specific Intel hardware.

If you're trying to install a regular gateway that can send files to a threat emulation appliance of ThreatCloud, you can install this in a VM.

However, the actual emulation must take place either in ThreatCloud or on a specific Check Point appliance (which cannot be installed in a VM).

For third parties sending traffic to Check Point for Threat Emulation, it can be done over ICAP, but it requires a patch.

Refer to the following SK: Check Point support for Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP) server 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events