cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Antonio_Almeida
Explorer

Route Aggregation

Hello,

Can anyone share any working configuration with route aggregation in the Virtual System? All the documentation I could find is not very clear and I've made several attempts but without any success.

Thanks,

Antonio

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee
Employee

Which routing protocol?

All configuration of dynamic routing in VSX is performed via CLISH, there is further information available in the "Advanced Routing" admin guide.

0 Kudos
Antonio_Almeida
Explorer

I'm trying to aggregate OSPF routes. I've read the "Advanced Routing" admin guide but since I couldn't find any example and even after searching Google I found nothing I have some doubts (the biggest one it's why I haven't found anything...)

I tried something like:

set aggregate 10.0.0.0/17 contributing-protocol ospf2ase contributing-route all-ipv4-routes on

and the route appeared in the table and after some tests the "all-ipv4-routes" looks like it represents any network and not only networks inside the 10.0.0.0/17 range. Can anyone confirm this?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Champion
Champion

You got the command 100% right, BUT...you are missing small part that's SUPER IMPORTANT : - )

You are missing exact on syntax after the subnet you enter. That flag ensures the route is limited ONLY to that subnet.

Andy

0 Kudos