Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend

R81.20 jumbo 41

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say I installed this latest jumbo (release date November 20th, 2023) in my standalone lab managing another gateway and so far, its fantastic! Policy used to take 30-40 seconds and now, most 9 seconds after installation, pretty impressive.

Cheers,

Andy

19 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Great to hear

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Had not tested it yet in my clustering lab with https inspection, but may try this week.

Andy

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

wonder why I don't see Accum. 41 via CPUSE yet ... 

Jerry
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Not sure M8 : - )

But again, always appreciate when you are NOT being stroppy with me ; - )

Just kidding, always a pleasure brother!

Andy

Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

wonder why CPUSE agent does not find Take 41 but when you manually add it "from the Cloud" it works, verifies well and it is just now installing on my lab 5800 HA ... let's see. will keep you posted 😛 

Jerry
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

One thing I find bit odd is that when I did my management, it was showing 77% installing for some time, then I ssh and shows uptime of 15 mins lol

Anyway, just doing smart event now, so will see if same happens there from web UI, as you cant do smart event upgrade via smart console

Andy

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

I guess my comment would be "no pain no gain" 🙂 

no wonder why some of my customers are so reluctant to install 7d old hotfix just now ...

Jerry
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I hear ya. I was really surprised few weeks ago when customer sent me a screenshot of TAC person asking them to install ongoing jumbo, rather than recommended.

I ALWAYS stick with recommended in any production environment, but in the lab, who cares, if it breaks anything, even-NG is the best to spin up new one, takes 10 mins for new setup.

Best regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

just installing in the lab 🙂

Jerry
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just doing my clustering lab now, I opted for smart console method, rather than web UI, not sure if its any shorter timewise, but lets see : - )

Andy

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just finished my cluster lab + smart event -> GOOD!

Andy

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

GRAND! I'm doing my big cluster in about 7 mins. Fingers crossed 🙂

Jerry
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Im positive about it. Sending my good vibes...I will NOT be stroppy with you m8 😉

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just another quick update...I also noticed now with take 41 that every time I add brand new rule and install the policy, hit count updates right away, which was never the case before, it would usually take at least 15 mins.

Super impressed with this jumbo take so far

Best regards,

Andy

Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

echo all that and more, Take 41 rocks so far but time to time IPS periodical updates stuck with weired errors reg. the access to the META data resources in the cloud. other than that - so far so good indeed!

ps. can't wait to try EA R82 🙂 

Jerry
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think next release should be called R100 "Superman" or "Wonderwoman" ; - )

Anyway, yes, jumbo 41 is awesome, I also noticed ips/urlf updates sometimes show as failed in console, but when I check, it shows updated.

Cheers M8.

Andy

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Mate, just saw take 41 is officially recommended one, nice move. I really love this jumbo, seems super stable and solid.

Amazing job CP.

Andy

Srdjan_B
Collaborator
Collaborator

Hi all,

We installed JHF T41 on one cluster member at customer site, made that member active and did some testing before installing it on the other member. It turned out SSL VPN was not working properly with JHF T41. Due to very short MW, change has been rolled back without much troubleshooting or opening TAC case.

Symptoms: ESOD would pass fine, customer was able to login to portal, but when hitting Connect to establish SNX connection, it would just try and fail without any message.

I've seen elsewhere that another partner (maybe @Jelena_Tatomiro  ?) had some issue with another client ten days ago, and was advised by TAC to uninstall Take 41. Any idea if Check Point is working on this? Estimates when it is going to be sorted out?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Have not encountered that issue as of yet, might be worth TAC case.

Best,

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events