Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ibrown
Explorer
Jump to solution

R81.20 iso install on open server

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone has any advice, or encountered this before; I've got an R81.20 iso which i've used on another HP server, in the next one I wanted to install, it boots, I pick 'Install Gaia on this system' and then I get a black screen with a flashing cursor. Nothing thereafter happens. This is all being done remotely via HP ILO virtual media, and is the same if I use a local (to the client) ISO or a scripted URL to the ISO.

I am suspecting the hardware, but are there any boot options for the installer I can change to get some feedback ? I disabled the cards in the server one by one and nothing makes a difference. The hardware is supported, and i've used the iso in an identical server.

thanks in advance,

Ian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

From my personal experience, things like this usually turn out to be bios related, but its possible could be hardware as well.

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Check the boot ROM config. Maybe one has legacy boot (BIOS emulation) enabled and the other doesn't.

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Great advice by @Bob_Zimmerman 

0 Kudos
AkosBakos
Advisor

Hi @ibrown 

I would check the followings:

• version of the iLO (strive to be the same with the working one)
  • maybe apply BIOS factory defaults of the server

Last time I "fought" with a Fujitsu server, there was issue from booting from pendrive. The I found that the pendrive which created the isomorfic tool was not UEFI capable...

Akos

----------------
\m/_(>_<)_\m/
0 Kudos
ibrown
Explorer

Thanks everyone. I'll check but I don't think it's uefi boot, as it boots for me to pick the installer option, just never does anything after that. I'll check the ilo version definately. The system bios is the latest though

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

From my personal experience, things like this usually turn out to be bios related, but its possible could be hardware as well.

Andy

0 Kudos
ibrown
Explorer

Gave up and moved to new hardware, doing some more reading, it might be a problem with the onboard Nand card, and a motherboard change. Thanks for the help everyone!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

K, fair enough mate. Glad its working now.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events