Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Phillips
Participant

R80.x OSPF routes

Can anyone suggest a reliable and painless way of getting the routing tables from a gateway. I'm specifically interested in getting OSPF routes the gateway has learn't but would like to extend to any and all routes the gateway has learnt from any routing protocols. I'm finding it hard to know which fw to add my rules to if i can't determine which subnets are behind it.

TIA

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

If you do a "Get Interfaces with Topology" in the VS object in SmartConsole, the routing table will be interrogated and the appropriate objects will be created if they don't already exist.
Otherwise, you're stuck parsing the routing table using the CLI.
Chris_Phillips
Participant

Thanks PhoneBoy

I've asked my question in the wrong section, our VSX gateways do show routes on in the gateway object -> topology.

My observation and understanding is that "Get Interfaces with Topology" will just tell me the directly connected interfaces with IP's but won't tell me about any routes from routing tables or statics. Its a pain checking the cli or voyager (or whatever its called nowdays) as we have so many fw's. 

I remembered that SmartView Monitor used to show the routing table and see its still there accessible via:

device status -> network activity-> scroll to the bottom and click routing table.

confirmed available for Vsec, OpenServer & VSX.

A bit more convenient than authenticating to cli or https 🙂

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Get Interface with Topology interrogate the routing table so the correct anti-spoofing group can be built. It's always done this, at least on regular gateways.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events