Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stich86
Employee
Employee

R80.40 - Question about "trac_client_1.ttm"

Hi guys,

i'm tryting to modify "trac_client_1.ttm" on my two SG to add some configuration on the client (like disable shutdown button, disable site editing, enable split dns an so on.) but i'm going crazy about how this file is applied on the client side.

For the moment (after install policy on both SG), the only way to get all the customization from ttm file is to destroy and recreate site. Is it a normal behaviour? If yes, there is a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It should be applied to the client the next time the users re-connect to the site.
In other words, only after they completely disconnect (either manually or as the result of a reboot or extended inability to reach the site).

0 Kudos
stich86
Employee
Employee

Hi PhoneBoy,

this is right for all properties? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

It applies to any modifications to those or similar files as well as any changes in SmartConsole (e.g. to Global Properties, encryption domain). 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Phoneboy is correct...it would apply next time users reconnect to the site, though in some cases, I had seen where people have to delete and re-create the site to make it work. MAKE SURE to push the policy after those changes.

Andy

0 Kudos
stich86
Employee
Employee

this looks like my case..

I need to clear the site and create it again to make the ttm file configuration con client side.

May be is related just to this option?

:disable_ui_shutdown_button (
:gateway (
:map (
:false (false)
:true (true)
)
:default (true)
)
)

I've added this configuration between "allow_disable_firewall" and "fw_log_upload_enable".

Thanks

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I cant say for sure, but if you can message me privately and send the modified file, I can compare it to a default one and see the differences. This is why I was never a big proponent of modifying any files on either mgmt or gateway, but I guess as long as you have the original, you can always revert.

Andy

0 Kudos
stich86
Employee
Employee

ok, how i can send it privately to you?

thanks!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just send a private message directly

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events