cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

OVF disk sizes

I have seen questions about this a short while ago, but I'm still wondering why the VE (at least the R77.30) VE OVF file has a disk size configured of 10GB total? When the customer wants to run Management on the same VE this is really a pain. I really do not understand where this size limit came from, even when you would like to upgrade the VE to the next version this is not possible due to disk size limitations. 

In VMware a bigger disc will not be a problem as the really used disc space is not more than what is really used.

So this a plee to Check Point to issue a OVF with a disc size of 50GB instead.

Regards, Maarten
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The OVF files are configured for gateway (only) use, not management (or management + gateway).

Generally, cloud gateways are not upgraded but "next version" is deployed instead.

In these cases, you can definitely deploy from ISO (or even create your own OVF).

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Problem with using a ISO is that the resulting machine is not seen as a VSec VE anymore. So when you try to apply the VSec VE license with the VSec license utility it will not accept this ISO created machine as a VSec VE.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not clear about the use case here.

If it's a self-managed gateway, then the vSEC license utility wouldn't be relevant as you'd need local licenses.

If it's pure management, same thing. 

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

In our case, the OVF can be deployed as a self managed gateway, a managed gateway or an additional gateway to a self managed gateway. The only simple way for us would be to deploy a system then enlarge the partitions and store it as a template and go from there. Every time there is an update we need to start all over again.

If there really was a compelling reason to not use a larger disc I would sure no problem, but there really is no valid reason I can think off to keep the OVF using discs this small.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Small update, we today have rolled out a R80.10 OVF and the total disk size has been confirmed to be 50GB.

Thank you CP.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events