Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilmo_Anttonen
Collaborator
Jump to solution

'No valid licens found on server' even though I've attached licens and contracts

Brief: Cannot connect to SmartDashboard on Standalone appliance CP2200 HW with eval license.

I fired up one of my lab appliances, restored a backup, created a new eval licens for it and then attached it via SmartUpdate. Then I selected 'update contracts > from user center'. Result below:

All good so far. But when I launch smart console i get the below error.

I also get the below warning which is explained in sk117577. It does not seem related, though.
GW-Giulia-01> cplic print
Warning: Can't find ::CPSB-CTNT in cp.macro. License version might be not compatible
Host Expiration Features
172.21.12.100 27Apr2018 CPSG-C-8-U CPSB-FW CPSB-VPN CPSB-IPSA CPSB-DLP CPSB-SSLVPN-U CPSB-IA CPSB-ADNC CPSG-VSX-25S CPSB-SWB CPSB-IPS CPSB-AV CPSB-URLF CPSB-ASPM CPSB-APCL CPSB-ABOT CPSB-CTNT CK-A5ED14B47B8D

Contract Coverage:

# ID Expiration SKU
===+===========+============+====================
1 | IW93YO3 | 27May2018 | CPSB-TEX-EVAL
+-----------+------------+--------------------
|Covers: CPSG-C-8-U CPSB-FW CPSB-VPN CPSB-IPSA CPSB-DLP CPSB-SSLVPN-U CPSB-IA CPSB-ADNC CPSG-VSX-25S CPSB-SWB CPSB-IPS CPSB-AV CPSB-URLF CPSB-ASPM CPSB-APCL CPSB-ABOT CPSB-CTNT CK-A5ED14B47B8D
2 | 1A01012 | 27May2018 | CPSB-IPS-EVAL
|Covers: CPSG-C-8-U CPSB-FW CPSB-VPN CPSB-IPSA CPSB-DLP CPSB-SSLVPN-U CPSB-IA CPSB-ADNC CPSG-VSX-25S CPSB-SWB CPSB-IPS CPSB-AV CPSB-URLF CPSB-ASPM CPSB-APCL CPSB-ABOT CPSB-CTNT CK-A5ED14B47B8D
3 | SI5RP0S | 27May2018 | CPSB-CTNT-EVAL
4 | SOW1D0Y | 27May2018 | CPSB-TE-EVAL
GW-Giulia-01>

Any idea what's up? I don't usually get errors when installing eval licenses for lab/demo GWs.

I tried wiping the box and connecting to the SmartDashboard with the demo license but then I got another error along the lines 'check if the server IP is correct or if you are defines as a GUI client'. So I restored the backup again and now I'm back at the above error again.

I should mention the GW does not currently have Internet connection because I just moved houses and my fiber is not yet active so I'm tethering from my mobile to give the PC (SmartConsole) Internet access.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DeletedUser
Not applicable

This may be from this. There’s an issue with the CA cert on new installs that’s tracked in sk122612. One workaround for the CA issue is this.

- login to Web UI, change the date to March 2017
- login to CLI, run cpconfig, re-initialize CA
- reboot
- try to login with SmartDashboard, if it works go back to Web UI, set the date to the correct value

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

You don't seem to have any management blades in the license. Make sure you have downloaded correct trial license.

You should see CPSM as one of the blades. 

0 Kudos
Ilmo_Anttonen
Collaborator

Hi,

I selectec the ALL-IN-ONE-EVALUATION. Usually that has worked just fine on standalone boxes.

0 Kudos
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

There is no CPSB-NPM (Check Point Network Policy Management blade) in this license. 

When I create an eval license (All-in-One) it shows me the following message:

• For the SmartCenter, run:
    cplic put 192.168.X.X 29Apr2018 ... CPSM-C-U CPSB-NPM CPSB-EPM CPSB-LOGS CPSB-MNTR CPSB-PRVS CPSB-UDIR CPSB-WKFL-100 CPSB-WS CPSB-MPTL CPVP-SNX-U-NGX CPSB-SWB CPSB-ADNC-M CPSB-RPRT-U CPSB-EVCR-U CPSB-SSLVPN-MOBMAIL+5000 CPSB-COMP-150 CK-...

• For the Module, run:
    cplic put [module name] 192.168.X.X 29Apr2018 ... CPSG-C-8-U CPSB-FW CPSB-VPN CPSB-IPSA CPSB-DLP CPSB-SSLVPN-U CPSB-IA CPSB-ADNC CPSG-VSX-25S CPSB-SWB CPSB-IPS CPSB-AV CPSB-URLF CPSB-ASPM CPSB-APCL CPSB-ABOT CPSB-CTNT CK-...

So, I suppose you used the second part, but not the one for SmartCenter. I am not sure why and how that happened, but license the type says Central, which should be local, as I understand. You can try just paste the first line "For the SmartCenter" in ssh session from the email that was automatically sent to you.

Does someone know what these are for?

CPSB-SWB
CPSB-CTNT

0 Kudos
Ilmo_Anttonen
Collaborator

Hi, thanks for the input.

I did in fact import the license file into SmartUpdate the first time. And the second time I tried pasting the license in to GAIA web. At that time I pasted the SmartCenter version. That didn't work at all because I got an error stating it was invalid SKU.

I also reacted on the central licens. I know since previously that they used to give you a choice to use a Central or local license when generating it but I could not select this time around. Maybe that's the problem, I got the wrong license even though I just chose the "All-IN-ONE".

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Try downloading license file (get license option) then attach in SmartUpdate from file you have downloaded.

0 Kudos
Ilmo_Anttonen
Collaborator

I did restore to factory defaults on the box once more. Then I generated a new license and found out what I did wrong last time:

You need to leave it blank in order to not get a centralized license. Then you go to your license > evaluations page and edit the specific license. There you change it to local and provide the IP address. 

Below you can see it's now a bundle license.

My new problem is that I cannot even reach the SmartUpdate nor SmartDashboard after wiping the box. I'm directly connected to the Mgmt interface and as you can see in the screen capture below I am connected to the appliance over SSH and have allowed my IP address in both GAIA web and directly in CLI (It did not show in CLI even though I had configured it in GAIA).

This box is getting on my nervs Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
DeletedUser
Not applicable

This may be from this. There’s an issue with the CA cert on new installs that’s tracked in sk122612. One workaround for the CA issue is this.

- login to Web UI, change the date to March 2017
- login to CLI, run cpconfig, re-initialize CA
- reboot
- try to login with SmartDashboard, if it works go back to Web UI, set the date to the correct value

Ilmo_Anttonen
Collaborator

Thanks Bob!

I followed your instructions and now I don't get that error anymore. Now i get to 30%, that is passed connectivity and credential check before I get this next error:

I'm downloading the new patched version of R77 over 4G atm. I'll have to investigate why I get this database error later and If I cannot fix it I'll just install the new image.

0 Kudos
Ilmo_Anttonen
Collaborator

Searching for the above error led me to sk108253 which solved the database error. After installing the eval license I was able to log on to the dashboard again. Everything works again.

As soon as soon as my ISP activates my Internet connection I'll be able to patch to the latest R77 version.

Thanks for all help. Especially to Bob who found a way forward!

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

I believe this is related to the Unix Epoch time issue: The SmartCenter's self generated certificate's expiration time exceeds the end of the unix epoch and causes this error. I've stepped on this particular rake once already.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events