Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stallwoodj
Collaborator
Collaborator

Mixing Universal Tunnel and specific topologies

Hi,

We have an inherited Juniper firewall which we are planning to migrate to Check Point. 

Some of the tunnels that are established have a local traffic selector of 192.168.x.0/24 and a remote selector 0.0.0.0/0. And one has them the other way round with a local domain 0/0 and a remote domain 172.x.x.0/24

I've tried the standard route-based VPN method (in R81.10 lab back-to-back with an SRX), having set the default VPN topology as an empty group, creating VTIs and static routes, and overriding the local or remote topology to specific subnet on a per-VPN basis.

The SRX happily comes up and negotiates its IKEv2 with an initial traffic selector <0.0.0.0/0>-<192.168.x.0/24>, great. However, as soon as I attempt to push traffic, the Check Point tries negotiate a new child SA with <0.0.0.0/0>-<0.0.0.0/0> which the SRX rejects "Traffic selectors unacceptable". The attempt was seen in iked.elg and the traffic captured in legacy_ikev2.xmll.

I tried to override this with subnet_for_range_and_peer but it had no affect on the issue.

So, is it / will it ever be possible to use route-based VPN without being forced to use Universal Tunnel at both ends? Currently I'm forced to get the 3rd party peers to change their traffic selectors which is annoying 🙂

Thanks

Jamie

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What's the setting in the VPN Community?
One Tunnel per Community would result in the 0.0.0.0/0 selector.

image.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events