cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satryo_id
Explorer

Migrate CP from 5200 to 6200

Hi Mates,

I'm new on Checkpoint Security gateway, We re planning moving from CP 5200 to 6200, what the best way to achieve that?

If we need to Backup Restore, which part do we need to backup, from Gaia or from Smart Console.

Regard's

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Is it just the 5200s (i.e. it's a Full HA cluster) or is there an external management server involved?

0 Kudos
satryo_id
Explorer

sorry I'm not mentioned before, its standalone deployment and no external management server involved.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Use the standard migration tools: migrate_server, plus copying the clish configuration as suggested by @the_rock .
Refer to the Installation/Upgrade Guide for your version.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

If you follow below link, you should be good. I did it few times with customers, no issue. However, if you wish to move whole config, since its different hardware, I would get show configuration from clish and then copy bits and pieces to new hardware, omitting interface config, as that will be different.

Andy

https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Security-Gateways/Replace-Upgrade-Cluster/td-p/69216

0 Kudos
satryo_id
Explorer

Hi, thanks for your reply,

"I would get show configuration from clish and then copy bits and pieces to new hardware" so how to copy to new hardware, we just paste it from clish?

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Correct.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events