cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyRock
Explorer

Load balance ISP and VPN

Hi,

An upcoming activity is for a customer office move but their leased line will not be available until a few months after they move in.

To mitigate this the client has ordered 2 ADSL lines and has asked to do active/active across these for their connectivity.  The office does not host any external services. They have a VPN mesh community for their DC and other offices.  Apart from one office where the VPN terminates on a cisco router.

Has anyone any guidance on issues they think this setup might encounter.  I'm not confident on how the site to DC VPN would function in an active/active manner.

Many thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Andy,

some more informations would be helpful. Which hardware, which version?

Did you get an ethernet port from the provider or does the gateway itself initiate the PPPoE connection?

ISP redundancy and VPN link selection in LoadSharing mode is your key. But there are some limitations with these features.

that‘s why I ask for more information.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Mmasoumi
Explorer

Dear Wolfgang

in my setup there are 2 ADSL lines (eth1 is ISP1 and eth2 is ISP2). Also there is another interface responsible for VPN tunnels to branches (eth3). what is recommended setup for ISP redundancy here? shall i put all 3 interfaces in ISP redundancy tab or 2 adsls only? in link selection i chose eth3 for vpns now and default gw is eth3.

-R81.10

-HA mode 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events