Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_rock
Legend
Legend
Jump to solution

LOM access issue

Hey guys,

I hope someone might be able to point us in the right direction here. We have a customer running 6200 cluster (R81.10 jumbo 78) and though LOM access was configured probably 2 years ago, today was first time I tried using it, due to uinexpected lockup of backup cluster member. 

Now, I attached 3 screenshots of what I see. So, access via VPN is fine, but when trying to launch java, thats where issue happens. I also had 2 of my colleagues try on different OS versions, multiple browsers, no luck. Now, customer was able to launch java on his end, BUT, after putting admin to log in, it never gave prompt for password, so we simply ended up powercycling the box from the LOM menu.

I dont believe there is a way to actually update firmware without rebooting the appliance, so wondering if anyone may have an idea how to fix this without doing anything drastic, such as involvement of cpstop;cpstart or reboot?

Cheers and thanks in advance as always!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Upgrading LOM firmware doesn't require an appliance restart.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks mate! Upgraded firmware to 5.12, everything works like a charm now. Did not need reboot and did not cause any traffic disruption.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Upgrading LOM firmware doesn't require an appliance restart.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
(1)
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Chris,

Are you sure about that? Reading the LOM admin guide, does not seem to suggest thats the case.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

They are deffinately independent. 

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ok, I believe you are correct. I read below, but missed the part about 21000 appliance, does not mention other models for taking power supply out (page 35)

https://dl3.checkpoint.com/paid/73/733690c295a61c638b41ebd8ce744428/CP_Smart-1_5_6_7_13_15_16_21_23_...

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just trying it now with version 5.12, will test once done and report.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks mate! Upgraded firmware to 5.12, everything works like a charm now. Did not need reboot and did not cause any traffic disruption.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

abihsot__
Advisor

older lom module is PITA. Doesn't work when you actually need it. LOM module with recent appliances is huge improvement

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

PITA...yes, to put it bluntly lol. Anyway, all I can say is Im glad it works fine now, but hopefully we will never need to use it again. 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events