Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dumbhead123
Contributor

Jumbo hotfix anomaly. Anyone else seeing this?!

Hey everyone,

Before I explain the problem, the first time I saw behavior, assumed this be a unique problem, but this happened to completely different client running a different OS which begs me think that all the latest hotfixes seem to show case similar symptoms.

Client 1 - R80.30 currently running jumbo hotfix take 217 on a security gateway in HA.

We uploaded the hotfix to both appliances and run verifier. 1 gateway came through without any problems, the other gateway however failed stating a conflict and the conflict was take 191 itself which was weird and interesting at the same time. Running through the logs, here's what we see.

HF Check R80_30_JUMBO_HF_MAIN

Conflict found, version R80_30_JUMBO_HF_MAIN with hotfix :R80_30_JUMBO_HF_MAIN - details:
cr: PRJ-6627 files: cphaprob

Client 2 - R80.20 management server attempting to install take 183 over 111 and resulting conflict is take 111. Here's more on the logs,

HF Check R80_30_JUMBO_HF_MAIN

Conflict found, version R80_30_JUMBO_HF_MAIN with hotfix :R80_30_JUMBO_HF_MAIN - details:

cr:     00634812 files: hook_uepm_HOTFIX_R80_30_JUMBO_HF_MAIN

I just saw a community post from someone else with the same behavior. We ended up removing take 217 and 191, install 219 for client 1 but this brings to think if there is something going within the new jumbo takes for all these versions.

Have plans to install latest jumbo on R80.40 too. Curious if i would see them again

0 Kudos
5 Replies
shlomip
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi @dumbhead123 ,

There is indeed an issue related to the CPUSE engine (DeploymentAgent), it is going to be fixed in matter of days.

There will be a new agent released soon to solve it. if you are working online you will get this update through CPUSE portal

and it will also be published in sk92449

0 Kudos
cjrnz
Participant

This is really not helpful when I'm already in my change window to patch some machines and now can't.

If Check Point really want us to auto-update things, the quality-control has to improve.

C.

David_Evans
Contributor

Looks like a new version was just posted and it fixed the issue for me.

MatanYanay
Employee
Employee

HI all 

New DeploymentAgent Build 1999 started gradual deployment today with a fix for the conflict validation error during Jumbo upgrade.

if you face the upgrade errors described above, you should install the new DA from sk92449 and repeat the Jumbo upgrade.

cjrnz
Participant

DA build 1999 and a bunch of extra paperwork worked for me. 😄

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events