Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostBoY
Advisor

Intermediate Communication issue in Voice Calls

Communication for voice traffic such as to and from expressway and phones was working fine since past few months. Suddenly it is being reported that users from home are experiencing intermediate issue in voice calls .. in the logs i can see all traffic being allowed but there is an Alert along with Allow message in some of the these logs.(mentioned below)

Firewall - Protocol violation detected with protocol:(RTP), matched protocol sig_id:(1), violation sig_id:(9). (500)

i am not sure if the issue is related to firewall or voice devices ....as Firewall is not showing any drops related to this traffic... but i dont understand this Alert.

These GWs were recently updated to R80.40 ..i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Any help is appreciated . thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Check if you are running the latest R80.40 JHF. There were issues with RTP that are fixed from JHF92 and up. If you are using the latest Jumbo, please open a case with TAC

0 Kudos
AaronCP
Advisor

Hi @LostBoY ,

I recently upgraded our firewalls from R80.30 to R80.40 take 118 and I'm seeing the same drops for our voice calls, too. Did you get a response/resolution from TAC?

Thanks,

Aaron.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events