cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SecurityNed
Participant

ISP Redundancy Not Working When Removing the Cable Physically

Hello!

I would just like to confirm as I can't seem to find any documentation regarding this but is it by design that ISP redundancy does not work when you physically remove a cable instead of performing it via CLI using this command:

fw isp_link <Name of ISP Link in SmartConsole> {up | down}

Removing it physically does not cause the failover to the secondary ISP. 

Hoping for your insight on this one.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Nope - It should work either way. As soon as it stops sending probes to monitored IP addresses configured it would fail over. You will get to know the status through cpstat fw.  I am sure there must a misconfiguration.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
SecurityNed
Participant

Do I need to configure the ISP monitor on the GAiA side as well? Checking the previous posts regarding ISP redundancy shows that configuration, and I think I missed that one. But I also assumed that it should already be covered by the Link Monitor in the ISP Redundancy part inside SmartConsole.

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

No - Not in gaia but in smart console. If you click on ISP redundancy click on every link and then click advanced. You need to mentioned the probing IP addresses.  And as I said you can monitor the link state using cpstat fw from #expert mode

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Here are the settings.

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos
SecurityNed
Participant

I have probed them to two different DNS addresses, do I need to add one more different probe for it?

0 Kudos
Blason_R
Leader
Leader

Can you ping those IP addresses from gateway? GW sends ICMP probe and not DNS. Plus can you give us output for cpstat fw?

Thanks and Regards,
Blason R
CCSA,CCSE,CCCS
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events