cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanM1
Participant

IPv6 Logical Server

Hello,

I Need to configure IPv6 Logical Server (R80&R81)  and when I'm trying to install the policy I'm receivng the attached error.

The configuration of Ipv6 Logical Server is quite simple, I added name, ipv6 address and a server group that contains only a host configured with IPv6 address. I also attached a image with the configuration.

Does anytone has an idea if this is suppported or not, or if it's a configuration error?

Thank you,

Dan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Does your logical server object have an IPv4 address assigned to it?
Given the vintage of this particular feature, believe that’s required.

0 Kudos
DanM1
Participant

Hello, 

Thank you so much for your answer.

Since the post. I tried also other scenarios to configure Logical Server object with IPv6 address:

1. Tried to enter a full IPv6 address = 128 bits -> no success and the same error;
 2. Tried to configure logical server with both IPv4 & IPv6 addresses (dual stack) -> at this point, when I'm trying to install the policy the error is changed: "Layer 'X': Error: '255.255.255.255' ip is included as a physical server Policy verification failed".  

This behaviour is on both, R80 and R81.

Note: There are no other issue regard policy instalation. If I disabled the rule that contains Logical Server Object configured with IPv6 the installation will succed.

At this moment I think the logical server can't be configured with IPv6 or with both IPv4+IPv6 addresses, but I couldn't find this in the documentation.

Thank you,

Dan

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Outside of CloudGuard Network Security, R80.20 is the last time we've done any testing on this feature, at least according to: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut... 
However, that SK doesn't reflect we're still using this feature in that context.
Most of those contexts assume IPv4 only, where the feature does work.

Regardless, I suspect using Connect Control with IPv6 isn't supported and the above SK suggests it's not something we plan to address.

0 Kudos
DanM1
Participant

Thank you so much for this great information.

Dan

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events