cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PetterD
Collaborator

HyperFlow and VSX

Hello,

Im trying to figure out some details on how HyperFlow works on VSX.
We have a 7000 Plus VSX Cluster, R81.20 T79 with 16 (32 HT) cores and multiple virtual systems.

Some of these virtual systems have 1 virtual core only.

What will happen in case of a heavy  connection/hyperflow connection,  will it be able to allocate more virtual cores (or more underlying physical cores for this 1 virtual  core) or will it be limited  by the number of cores allocated to the VS ?

We did just have  an issue where on a 1-core VS where  some heavy connections seems to be handled by HyperFlow (PM was higher than 0, ref hyperflow sk),  but are unsure what resources  HyperFlow can use on a 1-core VS.

Thanks!

CCSM / CCSE / CCVS / CCTE
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmitShmuel
Employee
Employee

Hi Petter,

Are you sure VSs have only 1 core allocated? This sounds strange to me as for HyperFlow to be enabled, you must have Dynamic Balancing running, and if that's the case, all VSs must have all CoreXL-FW cores allocated for them.

It may be that you're confusing cores with FW workers? It could definitely be that a certain VS has only 1 FW worker allocated for it, and when this 1 worker handles a heavy connection, HyperFlow will trigger, and use other cores to process this connection in parallel.

In general, HyperFlow will only trigger and use other cores if the overall utilization of the system allows it (lower than a certain threshold), which means that other VSs should not be affected by it.

Thanks,
Amit

0 Kudos
PetterD
Collaborator

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply!

On the Virtual System/VS-object i have defined 1 virtual core (which creates a fw worker process), i was just using wrong name (virtual core) 🙂

We are using Dynamic Balancing as its enabled by default on these Appliances in R81.20 so this means that a Virtual System with 1 FW worker (1 core assigned on the VS object) will still be able to use multiple physical underlaying cores on the box ? That definately makes sence as to what we see here

CCSM / CCSE / CCVS / CCTE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events