Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marko_Keca
Contributor

How to define multiple DHCP servers for Office Mode IP allocation?

Hello all,

Customer wants to use Automatic (using DHCP) option for Office Mode IP allocation. But it is possible only to configure single DHCP server. There are multiple DHCP servers (Microsoft 2016 DHCP) in HA configuration.

How can we define more than one DHCP server for Office Mode IP's?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
--
Marko

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hrvoje_Brlek
Collaborator

Hi,

Any news regarding the question above, can anyone help?

We want to configure multiple DHCP servers, at least two. Is it planned through an RFE?

Regards

0 Kudos
mgades
Contributor

Hi there

Any news on this? It would really be great if multiple DHCP server objects could be referred for Office Mode IP allocation.

Thanks!

Morten

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Please discuss the requirement with your local SE, to my knowledge it remains an RFE.

A workaround I have seen used in some smaller environments where both DHCP servers are in the same subnet was to use the broadcast address as the target but this is not a suitable solution for most (and for multiple reasons).

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
John_Tomasetti
Participant

I remember submitting an RFE for this about 10 years ago. Still waiting on that one... It seems strange why CP considers allowing multiple DNS servers to configured as important, but doesn't allow multiple DHCP servers to be configured.  DNS is more important than getting an IP address??

Oliver_Fink
Advisor
Advisor

All of my colleagues and me, we cannot understand the logic behind this. But for Check Point lack of redundancy in this case seems to be quite normal. Not long ago even this one DHCP server would not have worked after installing a JHFA on R80.40, R81 and R81.10. DHCP for office mode seems to have no relevance.

Jan_Kleinhans
Advisor

Hello,

did anyone try to add a second IP to the DHCP server object? 

Jan

0 Kudos
mgades
Contributor

Hi Jan

Is that even possible? I'm not aware that you can assign more than one IP address (per address family) on an object.

Morten

0 Kudos
Jan_Kleinhans
Advisor

You can add a secondary IP under "Network Management" in the object.  Don't know if this works as expected.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events