cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lorenzo_Chiavac
Explorer

How to check contents of Generic datacenter object on gateway

Hi everyone

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to view the contents of a Generic data center object on a R81 security gateway

On Management R81.10 I have created datacenter object to import objects via JSON file onnexternal webserver

Objects, in smartconsole, show configured IP addresses that I have put in JSON file 

On security gateway I would like to view what IPs the firewall knows are inside a datacenter object

I have told to try "pdp monitor ..." or "dynamic_objects -l " but nothing shos the contents of these objects

I doubt these objects rely on Identity Awareness but other Datacenter objects I use ( Cisco ACI or AWS) do

I have an open ticket to TAC but they are finding a repy to my query 

I wonder if someone ever had my same need 

thanks

Lorenzo

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Is the object in question used in the Access Policy and has policy been pushed since then?
Generic Datacenter objects use the same infrastructure as other objects fed by CME.
Which means you should see a dynamic_object for it.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I just tried it on R81.20 lab and dynamic_objects -l command worked fine.

Andy

0 Kudos
Lorenzo_Chiavac
Explorer

thanks both of you.

I am running R81 and R81.10 gateways and dynamic_objects -l only returns 

Operation completed successfully

Cisco ACI and AWS datacenter objects are visible via pdp monitor command 

In R81.20 External networks feeds are present and seem to work with dynamic_objects

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R81.20/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R81.20_SecurityManagement_AdminGuid...

I am still running earlier versions and the output is different (void)

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

You are right, my apologies, I totally ommitted the fact I simply did dynamic_objects command without any flags and it "spit out" bunch of stuff. I tried dynamic_objects -l and all I get is below, as you said (this is R81.20 jumbo 10)

[Expert@CP-FW-1:0]# dynamic_objects -l

Operation completed successfully
[Expert@CP-FW-1:0]#

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events