Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevin_Werner
Contributor

Historical connections in cpview

Quick question regarding the cpview -t utility.  If i look at cpview historical data it informs me that I am unable to view the top connections under the network tab with the following explanation: "Connections distribution summary (available when SecureXL is on)".  I have securexl on, so I am wondering if it is possible to see top connections in a historical cpview search.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version of code are we talking about here?
If it's R80.20, I believe that's a known issue and is due to the significant changes made in SecureXL.
We do plan to add it back in later releases.
0 Kudos
Kevin_Werner
Contributor

Thanks Dameon, currently running 80.10 take 169 across most of the environment, but have a couple gateways running 144, all with the same issue.

0 Kudos
Alexey
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Kevin,

When you open cpview normally in live mode without any flags do you see data in "Top-Connections" tab under "Network"?

The message "Connections distribution summary (available when SecureXL is on)" will appear in the header of the tab regardless if SecureXL is on or off, it's informative line to let you know that you will see data in the tab only when SecureXL is enable on the machine.

Important note: Not all data that you see in the live view of cpview will be saved to history. This is why you will see "N/A" in the tabs that for them data is not saved due to size limitation of history on the machine. "Top-Connections" are not saved in the history of cpview hence you want see any data when you launch "cpview -t". 

0 Kudos
Kevin_Werner
Contributor

Thanks Alexey,

Without flags I am able to see top connections in a standard cpview live command.

The second part of your response most likely answers my question - is there any way to save top connections in cpview history?

0 Kudos
Alexey
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Currently we have some limitation regarding size of history DB, maybe in the future we will add more statistics to the history including Top-Connections.

0 Kudos
Peter_Lyndley
Advisor
Advisor

The Top Connections is probably the most useful CPview screen for troubleshooting, therefore I would suggest the history of this screen is probably the top priority in adding it into the history where possible.

thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
Alexey
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

We will consider your request for next releases, thanks for your feedback!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events