cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moudar
Advisor

Gateway keeps restarting!

Hi,

I got a cluster installed on Vmware workstation on my lab PC. After a reboot of the host PC one gateway keeps restarting:

system1.JPG

system2.JPG

system3.JPG

and then starts again:

system4.JPG

After many attempts it restarts the whole VM machine!

Any ideas on what is going on?!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I had that same issue once and it turned out to be NIC driver issue I believe...I ended up changing the type from e1000 to e1000e and that fixed it.

Andy

0 Kudos
Moudar
Advisor

network-card.JPG

Where can i change from e1000 to e1000e?!

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I think its under options tab, cant recall now. Once you turn it off, option is definitely there when you edit the settings. I cant say for sure, as I only use eve-ng nowdays.

Andy

0 Kudos
Bob_Zimmerman
Authority
Authority

Go to Advanced... and there should be a place to set the adapter model. When on VMware, vmxnet3 is the ideal.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What version of code are you attempting to load in a VM?
Depending on that as well as the version of VMware, you will have to set the hardware accordingly as not all hardware types are supported by Gaia OS.

0 Kudos
Moudar
Advisor

The VM was working for more than one month but started suddenly to act like what I described above.

I run 81.20 on that VM

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You'd have to get into maintenance mode to see the boot logs to understand why it is failing to boot correctly.
From that, we might be able to suggest how to resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

I see what Phoneboy is suggesting...maybe maintenance mode would provide some more info about this.

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events