Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arnoldrs
Explorer

Gaia OS password successful login but deny access to published web application

Any idea how to solve about this denial logs - "Reason: The application's policy requires a specific login method." in Checkpoint Version R80.30

This regards to Mobile Access whereby I use OS Password (Gaia) for authentication. It authenticates successfully and can see published application. However, when clicking the application it gives - Error page 

Error: Access denied. The destination of your request requires a more secure authentication method at login time. (8)

Using different authentication like Radius, Checkpoint username/password have no issues. The reason for using Gaia OS password authentication is due to 32 characters compared to Checkpoint local username/password and we cannot anymore use our Radius authentication/LDAP Authentication due to some restrictions.

Version R80.30

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

How precisely did you configure the app?
I believe internal password in R80.40 supports longer passwords, FYI.

0 Kudos
arnoldrs
Explorer

I think the published web application is configured precisely as it accessible with no error page when login using Radius and Checkpoint Internal password.

We have already plan to upgrade to R80.40 but I think it will take so much time to get the approval.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I’m not familiar with a setting in the web application to require a specific type of authentication.
A TAC case is suggested here.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Did you changed the protection level for this application to a more restrictive authentication ?

The protection level is defined at the gateway  (default settings) but you can change this for every application.

Screenshot 2021-01-04 080036.png

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events