cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gusa2727
Contributor
Jump to solution

GAIA Remote Access tunnels count

I have detected a weird output in my security gateway when I was trying to figure out how many concurrent VPN connections we had. I have run the following commands:

fw tab -t om_assigned_ips -s

fw tab -t userc_users -s

cpview (and navigate to software-blades->VPN)

The output of these commands make sense but then when I check Remote Access Tunnels in SMS or in GAIA GUI, I can see a lot Remote Access Tunnels which do not match with the CLI output. I have attached a screen where you can check the ouputs I have mentioned. Any idea about why I am getting this discrepancy? Thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The fw tab commands you refer to count the number of Office Mode IPs and users authenticated via VPN.
userc_users is considered the most accurate if you're talking about Remote Access users currently connected as users can connect with methods that don't require an Office Mode address (e.g. SecuRemote).

IKE SAs refers to all VPNs (not just remote access ones).
Not sure what counters the Gaia WebUI and/or SmartConsole are showing, but it may be over time as opposed to realtime numbers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The fw tab commands you refer to count the number of Office Mode IPs and users authenticated via VPN.
userc_users is considered the most accurate if you're talking about Remote Access users currently connected as users can connect with methods that don't require an Office Mode address (e.g. SecuRemote).

IKE SAs refers to all VPNs (not just remote access ones).
Not sure what counters the Gaia WebUI and/or SmartConsole are showing, but it may be over time as opposed to realtime numbers.
Gusa2727
Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events