cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enyi_Ajoku
Collaborator

Funny IP on show configuration

Hi,

i'm trying to export "show configuration" from one of my Virtual System to a third party device for auditing purposes and i noticed that it shows the funny IP as show below:

set interface bond1.100 state on
set interface bond1.100 mtu 1500
set interface bond1.100 ipv4-address 192.168.196.49 mask-length 28
set interface bond1.101 state on
set interface bond1.101 mtu 1500
set interface bond1.101 ipv4-address 192.168.196.65 mask-length 28

Is this how it should be or i'm i missing something. Ironically, doing ifconfig shows the actual IP associated with each bond as well as on the Management Station.

Thank You

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What precise version is this?
0 Kudos
Enyi_Ajoku
Collaborator

R80.30 and R80.10 

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Is it by any chance a VSX System?
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Enyi_Ajoku you wrote "my Virtual System".

As @Maarten_Sjouw indicates, looks like a VSX system.

192.168.196.0/255.255.252.0 is the default subnet for VSX internal network. Every virtual system has an IP in this subnet.

You can see this on the VSX object.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Enyi_Ajoku
Collaborator

I am aware of the internal IP address on VSX system but what i am referring to is an ip associated with a bond that is configured on Management Station on VSX.

ifconfig shows actual ip associated with bond, same as on the management station but when i do show configuration on for example vs1 is shows funny ip as i have stated in the configuration snippet above

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

That is still one of the problems with VSX, ifconfig only shows the real IP's since R80, before it also showed the 192.168.x addresses.
So there is at least 1 point to find the real IP's.
To be honest, on a VSX box I rarely connect in clish, as there is very little you can/need to do there.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

In my R80.40 VSX setup I see the external IPs not the internal (funny) ones.  I've not see this since pre-R77 VSX, and even then you could toggle this display to external IPs.

It makes allot of sense to display the external IPs i.e. IPs defined in the topology in Smartconsole purely from a track and troubleshooting prospective.

I've got a VSX R81 setup which has this problem and just logged a TAC case, which is purely a cosmetic issue, rather then functional.

0 Kudos
Enyi_Ajoku
Collaborator

Yes it is 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events