Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian_Nasse
Participant

Factory reset button on 2200 appliance

I have bought a firewall 2200 applicance second hand and would like to know how to reset it. It seems you have to reset it in a cli, which I can't access. It has a reset button, but it is not mentioned in the manual. Anyone knows anything about this? Thank you in advance! Cheers.

/Sebastian

4 Replies
Sebastian_Nasse
Participant

By the way, I have tried the button by pushing it for 10 seconds while booting, also for a long time when appliance is on. It seems to not respond at all to the button.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That button is not a factory reset button.

What you'll need to do is:

Sebastian_Nasse
Participant

Thank You!

It threw me in the wrong direction because of it saying ”Factory Reset”. Then I will focus on the solution you gave me.

/Sebastian

0 Kudos
Jerry
Mentor
Mentor

indeed forget mate about the reset - just do the CP2200 from scratch using usb-drive with R80.10 and off you go Smiley Happy

ps. keep in mind that only 2 cores on 2200 are not going to give you a super speedy GAIA off the box. Plus 2GB or RAM is also not really a great option, If I were you I'd make a really simplest deployment and do not turn on IPS on that device (it will literally make that device a bottleneck in your network) - unless it is for LAB purposes only.

Cheers

Jerry

Jerry
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events